I sat down to post a blog post about Gabe. How much he’s grown, how much we all adore him. Then I looked up previous posts to see where I last left off and realized… as far as I can tell I haven’t posted a thing. So a quick rewind back to October 28, 2012 to meet once again
Gabriel John Deters
He’s 19 days early so a tiny 6 lbs. 6 oz. Since I had gestational diabetes he had low blood sugar issues that first couple of days and had an IV in to give him glucose. So we autocratically decided no one outside of John, myself and the hospital personnel could hold him until the IV was out. I felt bad when grandparents came by but we wanted that IV to stay put.
After a couple of days all was well and we went home with our brand new baby boy to 4 girls who couldn’t wait to have him home.
We have a lot of pictures of sisters taking turns holding little Gabe. This one is of Megan.
On December 15 we baptized him.
To keep a long story short and spare you from multiple pictures of sisters holding and playing with Gabe we will fast forward a bit. At his 4 month appointment he weighed 16 lbs. 10 oz. and is a chubby happy little boy. Just in the last week he has conquered rolling over.
As a bit of a side note you may be able in the picture to detect a slight rash on his forehead. He has had a stubborn bout of eczema that we mostly have figured out now and is going away. Since I am nursing I have been trying to eliminate things from my diet and so far we have had issues with dairy (Karla did too at first) and olives (this is what I was eating for snacks because I couldn’t have cheese.) I’ve not sure why olives didn’t occur to me sooner because when I was a kid olives would make me break out in hives. There may be something else yet but it may still be a little dairy since small amounts slip through occasionally. I didn’t know how difficult it would be to remove dairy in a dairy farming family in whom the various forms of the dairy group are eaten daily.
Happy Gabe’s 5 month birthday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment