So who'd have thought...the Boys in Blue made it to the World Series. Like everyone else in Kansas, we have been watching with abated breath as the Royals have proceeded to walk through one team after the other.
It makes me think fondly of my great grandma Blanche who always kept up with the Royals. She would have loved this October.
In a completely unrelated note, today I watched the elementary CCD classes (this would be Laura's group) release this...
This is a giant balloon rosary. What a fun way to engage the kids with the rosary!
Megan has been chiseling away at those Confirmation requirements. It's still a year away but she has already picked out her saint (if it doesn't change again) and completed some of the first steps. And I haven't even needed to remind her.
Malissa has Lyrics and Literacy night tomorrow. She has been telling me all about the songs they will sing. I'm looking forward to it.
This year I took the plunge and am currently muddling my way through as a newbie 4-H leader. I don't think I've every understood how busy October is. I have a much greater appreciation for those who have led our current club and the leaders who ran the club I was a part of as a kid.
My kids would be considered 3rd generation members although not all from the same club. My mom was a member of a club growing up, I was a 4-H member growing up and now my kids are on that journey. In fact, a recent class reunion reminded me that a friend growing up is who initially invited me to join 4-H. Interestingly our family was not a "4-H Family" that is promoted so much. While most kids were in the club with other family members, my brother chose the Boy Scouts route (although I believe Mom hauled him along to more than a few meetings.)
And I loved 4-H - loved the fun I had as a kid, the fun of the fair. I was grateful for the perseverance it taught me...public speaking was my personal nemesis. And I love that today I can meet other 4-H alumni and can immediately relate with that shared experience of being a 4-Her.
And now for your small child edification I give you Gabe and his encounter with my canner.
I have not told him the story yet about Hansel and Gretel...
No comments:
Post a Comment