Monday, December 2, 2013

A Sweet Fall Day

Known to be chill and blustery, today December defied expectations. The temperature made it into the 60's today! This was, go run around outside and play, weather.  So that is exactly what we did.


I made many attempts to get a picture of Gabe but I had to finally give up.  Every time I let him go to snap a picture, he would pick something gross up and stick it in his mouth. 

However, here is a picture of Karla and Gabe playing together in the slightly  more sanitary environment of the house.


I have finished reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. If you are not familiar with this book it falls into the fantasy genre and is the final installment of a 4 book series. It was a pretty good book and I enjoyed reading it.  Mostly I think my satisfaction with the book is more relief to finish the series that I started maybe eight years ago. 

Somewhere or other I heard that you are supposed to regularly challenge yourself in order to continue improving.  I've decided to apply that to cooking right now. I have never really entered the realm of cooking candy before now.  It is all very temperature dependent and much more precise than my current methods. But armed with a candy thermometer and a recipe that looked fairly simple I decided to give it whirl.
I forgot to take a picture until after I had broken it up and put it away but since this isn't a food blog I don't plan on learning how to take good food pictures. Anyway this is the toffee I made. And it tastes good too.  I'm calling this a success.

I hope all of you who were able had a chance to enjoy the balmy weather.  I understand it will be short-lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment