Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!








The weater outside is frightful...






This is definitely the whitest christmas that I've ever had. We, and a great portion of eastern kansas, had an actual blizzard. I'm not sure that the snow is still falling but when you go outside so much snow is blowing around that it may as well be. This picture is of the implement shed across the lane from our house. The lane itself kept drifting shut and periodically someone would have to scoop it out again. This does not occur by hand. One thing that is very deceptive in the pictures that I took is that you can't tell how tall the drifts are. They just look like a lot of white without any point of reference. This is a shot of the east side of our house.






As you can see the drift is nearly to the window.




This is a much cuter image with Brownie busily digging in the snow drift.


There is great fun to be had in the snow for a dog that has been cooped up all day long with nothing but some sissy cats for company.
But I am sure you are saying, WAIT!, don't you have kids?!? Where are the cute pictures of them digging into the loot this morning? Well they did themselves proud and had a great time this morning and today I preferred to simply watch and enjoy instead of "capturing the moment". So you will have to take my word for it.
Hope you have a wonderful and wonder full Christmas!

1 comment: