Thursday, March 5, 2009

Take this bread, Drink this Wine

Last night John and I attended a first communion meeting. Personally I expected it to be a quick meeting to get organized for Megan's upcoming first communion. And it was a little bit. But Father Ed has decided that the parents are in need of training to so we spent one and a half hours going through the meaning behind mass and basically received a pretty extensive primer. I have to admit that I found it very informative. Something that has been spending the last 2000 years evolving is never simple and quite a lot of it is symbolistic in ways that you would never imagine by just attending church. It never ceases to amaze me that the more I learn of Catholicism the more aware I become of the vast number of events, people and differing opinions which has created what we now see as the church today.

No comments:

Post a Comment